The time has finally come! I am going to remodel my very own home, and you’re invited to come on the journey with me. In this new series, you’ll see the entire process, including before and after videos.
I love my house. It’s 1500 square feet with 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a quarter bath. It was built in the 1920s, so my husband and I want to preserve its unique architecture while making modern updates. We’ll be updating the kitchen, our master bedroom, our bathrooms, and our long hallway.
Here is an overview of the changes we’re making:
- Removing part of our old-fashioned mud-porch
- Taking down a wall between two bedrooms, and improving the master bedroom and bathroom
- Opening a wall to the kitchen
- Eliminating our large hallway for more light in center of the house
- Adding a second set of French doors to backyard, and a deck
- Turning our quarter bath into a half bath and a powder room
We'll have to live in the living room while all this is being completed. Yikes! I'm a little antsy about that, but also very, very excited to begin the process. Geronimo!